Under the direction/supervision of an RN, the Case Management Associate contributes to the case management process by performing activities within the scope of licensure including, for example, assisting members with scheduling appointments, locating physicians, screenings for potential needs using only yes or no questions with pre-defined responses, and other activities requested by an RN, who has overall responsibility for the case management plan for the member.
This is a field based position where you could be traveling/ in the field 2-3 days per week. May require face to face interactions in the following settings: hospital, clinic, and/or home.
To be considered for this role, you must live within 50 miles of a Texas Elevance Health office. Applicants in the Austin, Houston, Fort Worth or San Antonio (or surrounding areas) are encouraged to apply.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm CST.
How you will make an impact :
- Assists in determining the physical and mental health status, needs and preferences of culturally, ethnically and socially diverse members based upon the collection of health related data.
- Provides all information collected to the responsible RN, who verifies and interprets the information, conducts additional assessments, as necessary, and develops, monitors, and revises the members case management plan to meet the members needs.
- Work is assigned by specific functions based upon the Case Management teams needs and can be tracked by Primary Care Coordination cases or by secondary on RNs cases.
- The LVN/LPN decision making skills will be based upon the current needs of the member and require an understanding of disease processes and terminology and the application of clinical guidelines as applicable and appropriate within current LPN/LVN licensure and company requirements as overseen by an RN.
- Requires an LPN/LVN and minimum of 3 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted LPN/LVN license in the state of TEXAS required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Home health experience preferred.
- Case management experience.
- Experience with Pediatrics and Adolescence (ages 0-20).
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.