Pharmacy Tech – Purchasing/Inventory Replenishment
Location: This position will work solely onsite Monday – Friday. The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of our Elevance Health facility in Chandler, AZ.
The Pharmacy Tech is responsible for supporting all activities related to effective inventory ordering and reconciliation.
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Responsible for ordering drugs and supplies for pharmacy, based on established order points and as directed.
- Ensure that purchased items meet customer service demands, pharmacy operations requirements, and specified pricing models.
- Utilize inventory control programs and policies to achieve targeted inventory levels.
- Review inventory and purchasing needs on a daily basis to ensure the uninterrupted flow of products through appropriate purchasing procedures.
- Communicate in real time shortages of medications or changes in stock availability and coordinate resolutions of all inventory order problems (i.e. back orders, manufacture outs, etc.).
- Oversee required responses to and management of medication recall notifications in conjunction with the pharmacy manager.
- Ensure the accuracy of computerized inventory records.
- Direct the performance of cycle counts on a regular basis to validate physical inventoried items against system records.
- Investigate variances and report on findings to management.
- Direct periodic physical inventories in compliance with standards set by management.
- Enter completed count sheets into the database and investigate discrepancies.
- Work with accounting to resolve all reconciliation issues as they arise.
- Develop and foster working relationships with wholesalers to collaborate, proactively resolve issues, and optimize the inventory ordering process.
- Until and optimize program reports detailing volume.
- Profitability, pricing, and other reporting metrics as needed.
- Strive to consistently improve the overall efficiency and optimal operation of the inventory ordering process.
- Requires an active, professional license, if required by state law, State Pharmacy Technician Certification or National Certification based on applicable state(s) requirements, to practice as a Pharmacy Technician within the scope of practice in a state or territory of the United States.
- Requires H.S. diploma or equivalent and minimum of 3 years of experience in inventory control and purchasing; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.