Be Part of an Extraordinary Team.
BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy is now part of CarelonRx, and a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies. Together, CarelonRx and BioPlus offer consumers and providers an unparalleled level of service that’s easy and focused on whole health. Through our distinct clinical expertise, digital capabilities, and broad access to specialty medications across a wide range of conditions, we deliver an elevated experience, affordability, and personalized support throughout the consumer’s treatment journey.
Location: Onsite at River Medical Pharmacy 4752 Research Drive, San Antonio, TX 78240
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm or 9:00am-6:00pm
Build the Possibilities. Make an Extraordinary Impact.
Responsible to perform the duties of a licensed pharmacist. Ensures the safety and security of merchandise. Ensures adherence to laws and regulations governing the sale of pharmaceuticals and maintains compliance with State Board of Pharmacy regulations as well as local, state, and federal requirements as it pertains to prescriptions.
How you will make an impact:
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security and inventory of controlled substances, and disposal of drugs designated as hazardous waste.
- Receives and reviews prescriptions issued by prescribing practitioner to assure accuracy, appropriateness of medication, and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Ensures compliance with laws governing the practice of pharmacy and distribution of drugs.
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interaction, side effects, dosage, and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Engages in consultation with prescriber regarding interpretation of prescription information as needed.
- Ensures that stock and supplies necessary for customer care are ordered, stored, and handled in an organized and efficient manner in the absence of the Lead Pharmacist and/or manager.
- Prepares, fills, and compounds drug and orders by prescribers and other authorized personnel.
- Offers free counseling to customers on how to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors.
- Strives to improve efficiency and reduce costs in pharmacy area.
- Plans, implements, and maintains procedures for mixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, and ensures quality, security, and proper disposal.
- Requires BA/BS degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D and minimum of 1 year experience working as a pharmacist in a retail setting; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Valid Registered Pharmacist license required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- 5 years of experience working as a pharmacist in Retail / Specialty setting preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.