Location: Must be within 50 miles of a PulsePoint office and will work 8a-5p EST.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing behavioral health (BH) clinical care operations, ensuring that patients are effectively connected with appropriate BH treatment and care management services in an effort to promote their overall well-being. Provides direct BH patient care/treatment. Assists with the design, implementation and running of the day to day clinical operations.
How you will make an impact:
- Participates in care team clinical rounds and clinical meetings.
- Ensures appropriate triage and referral of patients to clinically appropriate community providers and supports.
- Participates in the development and implementation of initiatives to improve the impact to all aspects of patient care.
- Ensures compliance with state and CMS regulations.
- Participates in the development of procedures and workflows to ensure high quality care and positive consumer experience.
- Monitors and analyzes clinical and quality reports.
- Works with interdisciplinary teams to develop effective utilization of technology to support quality, clinical and development of other relevant metrics.
- Provides updates regarding the status of clinical operations.
- May oversee credentialing of practitioners with payers where applicable.
- Ensures adherence to contract deliverables.
- Develops standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes to support internal operations, as well as, integrated operations with health partners.
- May work on special projects.
- Requires MS or Ph.D in a behavioral health or related field and minimum of 5 years of operations experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires current, active, unrestricted license in a mental health field, such as a LCSW, ACSW, LLP, MHC, LMHC, LPC, etc. in applicable states or territory of the United States.
- Outpatient care with experience in interdisciplinary teams (specifically primary care) preferred.
- Travels to worksite and other locations as necessary.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.