Aspire Health is the nation’s largest provider of home-based palliative care. We partner with health plans and physicians who share our vision of providing comprehensive, collaborative medical care to offer relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of serious illness in the comfort of a patient’s home.
This is a traveling field position covering the state of Indiana. The person in this role will travel across the state as a floater, seeing patients assigned to a specific territory in their home. Mileage, meals, and accommodations are covered. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Our Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants play a vital role at Aspire – and this is an ideal choice for the individual who has the passion, devotion, and desire to impact the lives of the patients and families we serve in palliative care. Our NPs and PAs collaborate with our Lead Physicians, the patient’s other physicians and providers, and their family members to develop complex plans of care in accordance with the patient’s health status and overall goals and values. Aspire has a network of support in our Patient Care Center, which enables us to provide a comprehensive network of clinical and non-clinical support to you. In addition, our NPs and PAs take part in weekly interdisciplinary team meetings, call schedules and scheduled in-service and education sessions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing the Aspire services in home settings, traveling within your designated territory to provide excellent care to a small number of patients daily.
- Develop and implement clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions.)
- Gather history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develop and implement treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
- Ability to meet the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the Aspire inter-disciplinary team.
- Educate patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention.
- Connect daily with other Aspire clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family – in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy.
- Collaborate with our Patient Care Center, which provides another layer of interaction with the patient and patient families and provides our NP’s and PA’s clinical and non-clinical administrative support.
- Maintain daily patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy through our EMR system.
- Participate in continuing education as required by the state where you reside.
- Prescribe medication as permitted by your state prescribing authority.
- Other related duties as deemed necessary.
- Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant with appropriate certification, Indiana license required, and open to obtain an Indiana license.
- Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required.
- CPR certification required.
- Mileage is reimbursed as you travel in your personal vehicle to scheduled appointments daily.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- 2+ years of experience in home-based services, complex cases, and hospice and/or palliative care is preferred; some bedside hospital, oncology, ER or ICU experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with EMR (Electronic Medical Records) systems is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure that each of your interactions with patients, family caregivers, clinicians, and team members is effective and meaningful.
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish a plus.
- Field experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with technology and troubleshooting solutions highly desirable.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.