Director I Technology, IAM Assurance Leader
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). Ideal candidates will live within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint locations.
The Director of Technology, Identity Access Management Assurance Leader will drive central IAM governance, risk and compliance framework, and related activities. In this role, the IAM Assurance leader will oversee a team of professionals to focus on driving a strategic outlook towards risk, compliance, and assurance, liaising between these functions at Elevance Health, and other IAM pillars. The mission of this group will be to stay ahead of Audit and provide strategic inputs to incorporate ‘security controls by design.’
The successful candidate will also need to instill a customer satisfaction culture across the IAM organization. Strong oral and written communication capabilities along with a technical acumen in the IAM space will be crucial to success in this position. Positive influential leadership skills are highly desired. This role reports to the Staff Vice President of Identity and Access Management in the office of CISO.
How you will make an impact:
• Maintain alignment of IAM vision with information security objectives and business requirements.
• Establish and provide metrics that provide visibility into the performance and efficiency of IAM services and programs.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with agreed-upon quality. Ensure each project has appropriate project planning deliverables.
• Liaison to the IT Control Center of Excellence and all audit functions to build a cohesive framework for all audit requests to ensure items and requests are closed on time with the right focus. Also, translate the repeat issues into technology requirements for IAM Engineering and Architecture team to make sure we implement ‘security controls by design’.
• Assist or lead enterprise-wide IAM application risk prioritization and scoping analysis, including risk & control self-assessments.
• Maintain and own IAM policies, risk management activities, compliance, and assessments for regulatory exams/audits, KPIs/KRIs creations, reporting, and assurance activities.
• As a leader of the IAM assurance function establishes key relationships with Information Security and all Lines of Defense, audit teams, individual business, and project teams.
• Proactively works with technology and business managers to identify potential issues and ensures effective remediation and communication
• Recommending improvement opportunities IAM processes reducing inefficiencies and improving the company’s risk posture
• Provide expertise and counsel to global leaders and decision-makers in governance and executive forums.
• Partner closely with IAM engineering, operations, automation, and architecture functions to provide guidance, seek inputs, and review the solution implementations.
• Act as a coach, and mentor to develop the critical talent within the Information Security organization with the essential skill set.
Requires a BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field of study and a minimum of 7 years of IT management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
• 10+ years of experience as an information security space in Engineering, Risk or governance function in a global enterprise with 5+ years leading the practice; Solid experience in technology and security risk management; Solid understanding of IAM pillars, security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization, and security controls.
• Big picture thinking is crucial to understand the various data points and translate that into technology or business terms to provide a cohesive framework for IAM control assurance.
• Solid understanding of NIST, SOX, PCI-DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA
• Technology & delivery experience in one or more of the following:
o User identity lifecycle management solutions including managed services and implementation knowledge of products (such as Saviynt, SailPoint IIQ, CA Identity Governance)
o Directory services products including managed services and implementation knowledge of products (such as Radiant Logic, Virtual Directory)
o Role-based access control solutions including managed services and implementation knowledge of products (such as Saviynt IAG, SailPoint IIQ)
o Single sign-on and federation solutions including managed services and implementation knowledge of products (such as Azure AD, MFA, ForgeRock, ADFS, SiteMinder, OKTA)
o Privilege accounts lifecycle management solutions including managed services and implementation knowledge of products (such as Beyond Trust, CyberArk, and Centrify)
• Ability to collaborate with both technical and business-aligned personnel; Excellent written and oral communications skills as well as business acumen.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Project management experience
• Subject matter expertise in certification, provisioning/de-provisioning, and role-mining activities
• Good understanding of Cloud IAM, preferably with multiple cloud providers
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.