Status: Full-time, Hybrid*, Salary with Bonus Potential
*This position will take part in Elevance Health's hybrid work model which is work from home and flexibility to work in the office 1- 2 days a week as requested by their manager. Must reside within commutable distance (50 miles or less from the Elevance Health office).
The Value Based Care Contract Strategy/Payment Innovation Director is responsible for supporting our teams execute contracts with our innovative payment solutions for healthcare providers thru provider collaboration and strategy.
This role will actively work with Health Care Network team (HCN) to develop playbooks for our value-based care payment models to deploy across markets, LOBs, patient cohorts, and provider types.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Drives the execution of payment innovation strategies by developing and maintaining value-based care (VBC) risk contracting playbooks for frontline risk contractors.
• Pressure test viability of VBC contract arrangement term parameters with input from risk contractors
• Identify operational barriers and develop solutions to ensure risk contractors have the tools needed to shift providers into down risk value-based care arrangements.
• Partner with marketing on materials, story line, and branding.
• Identify changes needed to external facing collaterals and sales messaging to articulate historical and potential value-based care ROI.
• Share themes around barriers to provider contracting and competitive intelligence with market planners to close gaps and develop provider retention strategies.
• Support provider-specific negotiation strategies as needed to shift further down the risk continuum or develop a more strategic partnership.
• Co-develop and lead tracking against implementation targets by program in partnership with PI, HCN risk contractors, portfolio team and market planners.
• Translates complex information and coordinates the communication and implementation of key decisions and accomplishments.
• Leads special projects/initiatives.
• Represents the company in external meetings and provides influence in the payer and healthcare industry.
BA/BS in business or related field and a minimum of 12 years of experience in health care, and 8 years of experience in a marketing, strategy, or network contracting role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skill set:
• MBA degree
• Previous experience with Value Based Payment Models strongly preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.