Director II Compliance (replacing JR83363)
Location: 370 Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Elevance Health supports a hybrid workplace model (virtual and office) with PulsePoint sites used for collaboration, community, and connection.
Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location. The selected candidate for this role will go into their local office 3-4 times per week.
The Director II Compliance will support BioPlus Specialty Pharmacy which is now part of CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx), and a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies. Together, CarelonRx and BioPlus offer consumers and providers an unparalleled level of service that’s easy and focused on whole health. Through our distinct clinical expertise, digital capabilities, and broad access to specialty medications across a wide range of conditions, we deliver an elevated experience, affordability, and personalized support throughout the consumer’s treatment journey.
At the senior director level, responsible for directing compliance/implementation initiatives.
How You Will Make an Impact:
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to advocate and innovate strategic programming that corrects compliance issues, remediates risk, and advances the company's Compliance Program.
- Apply critical thinking to formulate compliance strategies and concepts that drive results, persuade and influence others, adapt to change, and manage conflict.
- Directs programs with advanced layers, objectives, tasks, stakeholders, requirements; creates policies, procedures and tools needed to operate daily function of program; manage/oversee/influence resources impacting projects or programs from matrixed organizations under different leadership.
- Manages or lead advanced compliance monitoring.
- Advises, coaches and mentors executives and senior management regarding compliance issues and provides reports as appropriate to relevant committees.
- Manages or lead the most advanced investigations, document findings, comply with notification requirements, ensure corrective actions are made.
- Sets goals for department and direct reports; plan, document and communicate department work, noting accountable direct reports and deadlines; may oversee a manager(s) with direct reports.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 10 years health care, regulatory, ethics, compliance or privacy experience, including minimum of 5 years management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experience:
- Strong leadership/managerial skills and ability to motivate/coach other staff strongly preferred.
- Travels to worksite and other locations as necessary.
- MS/MBA/JD or professional designation preferred.
- Specialty Pharmacy compliance experience strongly preferred.
- Experience monitoring state and federal pharmacy laws for changes that will impact the operations of the organization.
- Experience working with State Boards of Pharmacy to resolve issues and represent the organization.
- Previous experience monitoring issues and risks
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.