Data Science Solutions Lead
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). Ideal candidates will live in Atlanta GA, Indianapolis IN, Mason OH, or St. Louis MO within 50 miles of one of our PulsePoint locations.
The Data Science Solutions Lead will be responsible for leading the design and development of analytic models, applications, and supporting tools, which enable Data Scientists to create algorithms/models in a big data ecosystem.
How you will make an impact:
• Lead the design, implementation, and delivery of an insights data pipeline supporting analytic products across the organization.
• Design and integrate data from different sources.
• Forms analytics platform components and/or processing components required to provide a business solution.
• Engage with business stakeholders to design and own end-to-end solutions to empower data-driven decision-making.
• Leverage data, technology, and quantitative methods to form products that inject analytics and insights into the daily workflow of teams.
• Defines application scope and objectives, including impact on interfaces.
• Ensures appropriate data testing is completed and meets test plan requirements.
• Coordinates integration actions to ensure successful implementation.
• Mentors Data Science Sol Consultants/Sr. Lead analytical projects and pilots for upgrades or enhancements.
• Analyses data sources to assess trends and develop actionable insights and recommendations.
• Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related disciplines; 5-7 years experience in predictive analytics and experience with software such as Hadoop technologies; 5-7 years Teradata experience and complex SQL, or equivalent; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
• Experience in the healthcare sector preferred.
• Experience in predictive analytics using software such as Snowflake and AWS required.
• Experience with deployment techniques within an agile development methodology preferred.
• Strong knowledge of BTEQ and multi-database preferred.
• AWS S3, Snowflake, and multi-database preferred.
• Knowledge of Amazon Bedrock, snowflake generative AI, and LLMs.
• Must have experience knowing how to accurately discover the right data point and data asset.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.