Status: Full-time, Hybrid*, Salary with Bonus Potential
*This position will take part in Elevance Health's hybrid work model which is work from home and flexibility to work in the office 2 days a week as requested by their manager. Must reside within commutable distance (50 miles or less from the Elevance Health office).
The Business Info Developer Consultant Sr will support the data quality review process for HEDIS inputs/outputs to ensure accuracy and completeness and to identify areas of opportunity. Viewed as an expert in the development and execution of data mining analyses.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Undertakes complex assignments requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
• Develops very complex and varied strategic report applications from a Data Warehouse.
• Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team.
• Establishes and maintains advanced knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, and data integrity issues.
• Develops and supports very complex Data Warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring design and implementation of database tables.
• Analyzes data and identifies trends and patterns; creates reports that illustrate data findings.
• Develops data quality metrics and standards for different types of data to ensure that it is high quality and error-free. Communicates insights and recommendations to stakeholders.
• Collaborates with team members to improve reporting processes and methodologies.
• Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
• Monitors project schedules and costs for own and other projects.
• Conducts training on use of applications developed.
• This job is focused on spending time thinking about programming and how it would be used to design solutions.
BS/BA degree; minimum of 6 years of experience in health care data analysis/data quality/modeling role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Experience and Skill Set
• Expert level PC, spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages.
• Ability to organize data, interpret and present findings clearly and concisely.
• Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.