Manager II GBD Special Programs
Location: 500 Enterprise Drive, Rocky Hill, Connecticut, 06067
This position will work a hybrid model (remote and in office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of our Elevance Health Rocky Hill, CT PulsePoint location .
The Manager II GBD Special Programs is responsible overseeing an innovative statewide care coordination program that supports children and families in CT. Knowledge of child welfare system, the children's behavioral health system of care, and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
How You Will Make an Impact
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs and oversees program operations.
- Directs and collaborates with functional managers to develop and implement the steps necessary to manage program operations.
- Participates in cross-functional workgroups created to maintain and develop program.
- Evaluates program operations to improve efficiency of operations, financial return, customer service, and provider engagement.
- Develops, communicates, and monitors program schedule, budget, and resources plan.
- Manages resource utilization to ensure appropriate delivery of care to members and adequate coverage for departmental tasks and job responsibilities.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 6 years experience, including prior management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Some statewide travel required.
- Service delivery coordination, Child welfare, and the wrap around model of care coordination and/or behavioral health experience with children and families preferred.
- License in social work, human services, counseling, psychology preferred (LCSW, LPC).
- 3 years program leadership management preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.