Pharmacy Technician III Dispensing - CarelonRx Pharmacy
Advanced Home Delivery- Front End Operations
1st Shift, Monday-Friday & Tuesday-Saturday
The ideal candidate will reside WITHIN 50 miles of the Mason, Ohio office. The associate will work full-time in office for training and then move to a hybrid (1-2 days/week on-site) schedule.
$1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS OFFERED TO THE CHOSEN CANDIDATE
CarelonRx Pharmacy is now part of CarelonRx (formerly IngenioRx), a proud member of the Elevance Health family of companies. The CarelonRx Home Delivery Pharmacy will deliver a digital first pharmacy experience that is convenient, simpler to use, and more affordable for our patients and payors. Our Pharmacy model focuses on whole person care, providing the best member experience to drive adherence, affordability, and improved overall health outcomes by putting the patient first. Our CarelonRx Pharmacy locations are newly built out, modern facilities with employee friendly amenities.
This role will perform all pharmacy technician duties under the regulatory authority of the state they are practicing in and aid in the dispensing of prescriptions to patients by the CarelonRx Pharmacist. The Pharmacy Technician III Dispensing is responsible most complex pharmacy, patient, and prescriber encounters, including, but not limited to prescription claim adjudication exceptions, returns, reships, drug recalls, and patient and prescriber escalations.
How you will make an impact:
- Educates members on pharmacy based rules related to prescriptions and medication resources or assistance programs.
- Serves as the subject matter expert, proactively manages service failures and workflow in our contact center tool and our prescription processing system.
- Partner and support pharmacists in the performance of their duties, including outreach to patients and prescribers for resolution on open issues.
- Processes prior authorization requests from physicians and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements; informs relevant parties of all prior authorization determinations.
- Provides resolution to grievances and appeals issues.
- Managing inbound and outbound communications, triaging and problem solving pharmacy inquiries, ensuring any related patient and prescriber communication is completed and resolving all related open cases across patient services tool and pharmacy processing system, and managing prescription queue workflow.
- Responds to inquiries from physicians, sales team, and members related to formulary and prescription benefits.
- Generates reports relating to rebates, physician utilization, Beers Criteria, Reliance members, and other ad hoc reports.
- Mentor and train lower level pharmacy technicians as needed; as well as lead pharmacy technicians working prescription queue based assignments to ensure quality, meeting turnaround times, and delivering on patient, prescriber, and client experience and expectations.
- Requires H.S. diploma or equivalent and minimum of 5 years of pharmacy experience.
- Requires an active, professional license, if required by state law(s), State Pharmacy Technician Certification or National Certification based on applicable state(s) requirements, to practice as a Pharmacy Technician within the scope of practice in a state or territory of the United States.
- Experience with PBM/Plan insurance setup and processing and claims adjudication and resolution of reject messaging required.
Preferred Capabilities, Skills, and Experiences:
- Experience in high volume mail order or specialty pharmacy preferred.
For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies strongly preferred: strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. A Fortune 20 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, we are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy, providing various levels of flexibility while also ensuring that associates have opportunities to connect in-person. Unless in a designated virtual-eligible role and specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2022, has been ranked for five years running as one of the 2023 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine, and is a growing Top 20 Fortune 500 Company. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.