Position Specific Details: The successful hire will have expertise in statistical and QI analysis of healthcare data, as well as predictive analysis data manipulation reporting and recommendations. Will be able to create SSIS and SSRS packages, have strong statistical skills (Python R) as well as experience with machine learning models.
Work schedule : Monday-Friday 8am-5pm EST
This is a hybrid remote role where the successful hire will be located within 50 miles of an Elevance PulsePoint location, and may be asked to work 1-2x a week in office.
Responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating recommendations and providing guidance to other data analysts.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance. Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures. Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- May make recommendations based upon data analysis. Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership or external customers. Data analysis and reporting encompasses a much higher level of complexity.
- a BS/BA degree in related field and a minimum of 5 years experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manipulate large sets of data strongly preferred. Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and problem solving skills strongly preferred.
- 3 to 4 years of analytical experience with knowledge of a structured query language (e.g. MS Access, VBA, T-SQL, or PL/SQL) to develop, modify queries, analysis, reporting along with experience with stored procedure statements, Functions and other database objects .
- Some exposure to healthcare or related fields. Experience with PowerBi or similar tools strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.