Info Security Senior Advisor (Email Security)
Location: This position will work a hybrid model (remote and office). The ideal candidate will live within 50 miles of one of our Elevance Health PulsePoint locations.
The Info Security Senior Advisor (Email Security) is responsible for developing, recommending, and implementing enterprise information security policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide support for Proofpoint suite of Products: Proofpoint Protection services (cloud), Encryption, Isolation, TRAP, HFT and PSAT.
- Triage complex routing and LDAP sync issues.
- Implement after-hours changes for Proofpoint Suite of Products when necessary.
- Assist in the deployment and configuration of Proofpoint systems to include cleanup.
- Research and respond to Proofpoint alerts.
- Troubleshoot log ingestion issues when needed.
- Generate Metrics for Email Security when requested.
- Respond to level 3-4 tickets, changes or requests that are assigned to the Proofpoint Support team within Service Now when others are unable to resolve the issue.
- Provide On-Call support and Level 2 Triage during (US) non-business hours; Escalate as necessary to the TOC.
- Leads the development of strategies for discovery, evaluation and response to new networking attacks; develops security incident response plans and strategies.
- Creates presentations and seeks IT management approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major security systems serving the Enterprise.
- May be assigned to project teams for technical consultation to business partners and developers.
- Develops reports supporting strategy and direction for management. Capable of serving as technical merger & acquisition lead.
- Acts as a subject matter expert among peers, with manager and senior management.
- Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 5 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets: 1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security.
- Requires BS/BA in information Technology or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, access management and network security technologies, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, data, and people; experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; requires broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- A thorough understanding of Office 365 email routing and Email security business practices is highly preferred.
- 5 years' of direct, daily experience with Proofpoint Protection Services in the cloud to include; safelists, blocklists, TLS connections, creating new rule sets, adding inbound routes and working with various policies and dictionaries with Encryption rule sets is preferred.
- Familiarity with other Email gateway solutions and deep understanding of Email DNS records to include DMARC preferred.
- Security Certifications: CISSP and other advanced technical security certifications (e.g. Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, Information Security Engineering Professional, Certification and Accreditation Professional, or equivalent certifications) strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes for compensation from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Who We Are
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. We are a Fortune 25 company with a longstanding history in the healthcare industry, looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve.
How We Work
At Elevance Health, we are creating a culture that is designed to advance our strategy but will also lead to personal and professional growth for our associates. Our values and behaviors are the root of our culture. They are how we achieve our strategy, power our business outcomes and drive our shared success - for our consumers, our associates, our communities and our business.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Elevance Health operates in a Hybrid Workforce Strategy. Unless specified as primarily virtual by the hiring manager, associates are required to work at an Elevance Health location at least once per week, and potentially several times per week. Specific requirements and expectations for time onsite will be discussed as part of the hiring process. Candidates must reside within 50 miles or 1-hour commute each way of a relevant Elevance Health location.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates in certain patient/member-facing roles to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide an acceptable explanation. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com assistance.