Location : This position eligible for full time remote schedule. Location within 50 miles of an Elevance Health office; preferred locations are Mason, OH, Atlanta, GA and Indianapolis, IN. All other locations will be considered
This role will be an integral member of a dynamic transformation team driving multi cloud adoption across the enterprise including continuously building and enhancing cloud foundational capabilities, process simplification and automation, delivering and supporting application teams end-to-end in cloud deployment working through business requirements and needs across operations, audit, security, governance, legal, regulatory, cost optimization, and technical domains This role will perform analysis and research of systems and networks, reviews detailed business and technical requirements in order to recommend technical solutions. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides advanced level engineering design functions.
- Develops complex solutions from business requirements and architectural specifications; provides input to set or amend architectural specifications.
- Creates presentations and seeks IT managements approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major business systems serving the enterprise.
- Directs the construction of architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture).
- Participates in the design of the enterprise architecture.
- Proposes opportunities to improve results based on targeted or continuous assessment.
- Participates in enterprise planning activity, including vendor assessment, technology platform selection and retirement, prioritization and integration; routinely acts as a subject matter expert for executive management.
- Design, implement and operate a modern, scalable, cloud-based infrastructure and platforms for the growing Elevance Health ecosystem
- Provide operational readiness for applications that enables seamless 24x7x365 production support and technical support
- Design performance and capacity plans and work to ensure optimal application health and performance.
- Serve as a strategist and continuously refine our AWS deployment practices for improved reliability, repeatability and security
- Provide leadership for DevOps capabilities, and coordinate with development and business teams. These high-visibility initiatives will help to increase service levels, lower costs, and deliver features more quickly.
- Architect provisioning capabilities of AWS services and to configure services, using tools and languages including AWS CLI / API, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Bash, and Git and integrate with MSP offering
- Architect effective monitoring / alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics, working closely with these stakeholders, using tools including AWS CloudWatch, and other related APM tools
- Design build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools including Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy. You’ll configure these pipelines for specific products and help optimize them for performance and scalability
- Drive effective DevSecOps practices (including regular security patching, minimum-permissions accounts and policies, encrypt-everything) in compliance with government and other standards regulations (such as PCI-DSS, PHI, PII, SOX), implement, and verify them, using tools to analyze and verify compliance.
- Evangelize DevOps culture, including building relationships with other technical and business teams.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years in one or more of the following: information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management required; significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Qualifications :
- In-depth knowledge of the enterprise architectural plans, information systems, and corporate business plans required; expert knowledge of and expertise in at least one core infrastructure technology required, as is a demonstrated ability to utilize this knowledge in strategic decisions; capable of creating advanced technology designs utilizing business and technical requirements.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills required; demonstrated ability to create and present ideas to senior management.
- Service management and operations role focus with ITIL best practices using ITSM toolset.
- Strong background and expertise in AWS IAM, AWS Cognitive
- Experience and knowledge in agile methodologies, including agile modeling, refactoring, test driven development (TDD), continuous integration, test automation
- Familiarity with legacy applications including COTS products to migrate to AWS in SaaS mode.
- Experience that will be a great addition to the team:
- Experience in building and deploying automated AMI pipelines with different OS(Linux, Windows), Docker Images builder pipeline with adherence to enterprise security and compliance standards.
- AWS administration experience / training including provisioning EC2 instances, VPCs, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda functions, RDS databases, S3 storage, IAM security, ECS containers, Cloudwatch metrics & logs
- Experience developing and / or deploying serverless functions using AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, or Google Cloud Functions
- Experience deploying and managing Docker Containers on ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience with SQL, using RDS-PostgreSQL or other DBMS
- Experience with monitoring / alerting tools such as AppDynamics, Grafana, Prometheus, Sysdig
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as ELK, Splunk
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.