Configuration Engineer Sr.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm EST.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for supporting the test environments used to support Regional, Enterprise and/or other special project releases.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Works directly with customers to define environment requirements and leads the environment set-up and maintenance.
• Monitors system performance and capacity for all test environments and troubleshoots environmental issues.
• Sets up and executes jobs to extract and manipulate test data, executes database changes and works with the database to ensure data related needed are handled efficiently.
• Leads test environment design or request meetings.
• Manages and executes the build, installation scripts and deployment scripts.
• Manages and maintains migrations between each tool promotion levels and the associated testing or production environment.
• Performs code migrations and may prepare, merge, and version code for production builds.
• Compiles release notes to summarize contents of each migration and creates scripts to migrate code.
• Works with the release team to transition from development to production.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 4 years of IT experience, including application development experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Multiple trade certifications and multi-platform experience is strongly preferred.
• Rational Unified Process and Rational Tool Suite experience strongly preferred.
• Cloud experience (AWS) highly preferred.
• EKS, EC2, Apigee, Shell Scripts, Kubernetes based container platform experience highly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.