Elevance Health is seeking a ServiceNow Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) Software Developer - Architect to join our Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team. The ETS team oversees the technology eco-system that encompasses Elevance’s data centers, networks, end-user computing devices, telephony systems, email, videoconference, security technologies and variety of external cloud and business partner systems.
This role will be responsible for work with business users to analyze and review detailed business and technical requirements to recommend technical solutions using the ServiceNow platform and Strategic Portfolio Management (SPM) related products - Project and Portfolio Management, Demand Management, Resource Management, Timecard Management, Agile, SAFe, APM, Financial Management, CMDB, and Common Services Data Model. The ideal candidate has strong business and financial aptitude, analytical skills, thinks “outside the box”, is naturally curious, highly collaborative, and has a passion for tackling complex data-centric problems.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead the development and delivery of architectural technologies for ServiceNow SPM software solutions and ensure that technology deliverables are met based on business requirements.
- Develop specifications for ServiceNow SPM products/services, applications, and service offerings.
- Design and engineer comprehensive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards
- Consults with application leaders to verify applications/technology conform to architecture standards.
- Provide second level engineering design functions for ServiceNow SPM products.
- Create presentations and seek IT management's approval and acceptance of technical solutions, significant replacements or reconfigurations of major business systems serving a business unit or location.
- Direct the construction of architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture).
- Work with platform team to update technology direction and strategy.
- Define technical solutions for architecture and design that are aligned with clients’ business problems and ServiceNow SPM implementation best practices
- Oversee developers’ work, and own overall quality and delivery of development
- Capable of executing hands-on development for stories that cannot be delegated
- Maintain expert knowledge of the ServiceNow SPM Products; PPM, Demand Management, Resource Management, Timecard Management, Agile, SAFe, APM, Financial Management, CMDB, and Common Services Data Model
- Tackle complex problems requiring a creative mindset to find innovative and elegant solutions
- Mentor and coach other team members
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management; significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences
- Minimum 5+ years of ServiceNow implementation experience in large complex environments and minimum of 8+ years of technology implementation
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist for one or more of the ITBM products - including current ITBM CIS certification(s)
- Expert level proficiency with ServiceNow with ITBM Products (Project Portfolio Management, Demand Management, Financial Management, Resource Management, Time Management, Agile Development, SAFe, and Test Management)
- Experience with scripting in the ServiceNow platform using JS: Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Angular JS, Jelly, etc.
- Experience with SDLC processes implementing in a variety of project methodologies: waterfall, iterative, SAFe, Agile/Scrum
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $111,600 - $139,500
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.