Responsible for providing legal advice for our Florida Medicare Health Plan subsidiaries. By providing recommendations for initiatives and projects developed in response to clients' overall objectives and needs. The focus of work is on large scale and/or high financial level projects with broad department and/or organizational impact and a moderate level of risk. Works as a strategic partner with senior-level leadership and the Anthem Medicare business leadership of those subsidiaries.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Applies knowledge of one or more legal specialties with sound business acumen and knowledge of the business goals and objectives as they relate to the legal matter at hand.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate legal projects.
- Contributes to overall results of an SBU or CEE unit and/or department.
- Uses professional legal concepts and principles to contribute to development of company's concepts and principles.
- May possess deep technical knowledge or broader scope of knowledge.
- Provides instructions to junior members of the department and concise, timely briefings to senior level business and legal management.
- Routinely works on complex problems in which analysis of situations and/or facts require an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Serves as a resource for other attorneys and paralegals as well as business clients instructing and advising on technical and tactical issues.
- Assesses and mitigates risk. Reports to management any identified business exposure and associated risks as well as mitigation techniques being utilized.
- Requires a JD, current license to practice law, and a minimum of 9 years of specific industry and/or technical legal experience post licensure; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences
- Experience managing outside counsel is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Medicare health plan issues, including risk adjustment, anti-kickback laws, and laws relating to dual-eligible plans is strongly preferred,
- Experience with plan operation of provider clinics preferred.
- Experience within a public company preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.