The Infrastructure Services Analyst Sr Advisor (Storage and Backup Administration) solves problems, performs analysis, researches, and tests functions for systems and networks.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, and maintain storage and backup related hardware and software.
- Perform monitoring and troubleshooting for storage and backup assets.
- Upgrade storage related devices and software.
- Provides trouble resolution on complex problems; serves as an escalation point for the most complex systems issues or resolutions; develops root cause analysis activities that resolve significant system issues.
- Provides advanced trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems.
- Provides advanced technical guidance and leadership to the technical engineers within the organization.
- Represents major upgrades and business system replacements in change control.
- Develops reports supporting strategy and direction for management.
- Acts as a subject matter expert among peers, with manager and senior management.
- Serves as technical merger and acquisition lead as needed.
- Leads Level 3 and 4 incident recoveries; may organize the efforts of other analysts as part of incident recovery; leads root cause analysis efforts.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years of experience in one or more of the following: information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management; significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
- Multiple trade certifications strongly preferred.
- NetApp storage and Hitachi storage arrays familiarity preferred.
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN): Brocade SAN switches.
- Veritas NetBackup Activities: familiar with backup and recovery methods of VMware, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, and NetApp preferred.
- Have a thorough understanding of NetApp replication and be able to maintain snapmirror relationships preferred.
- Disaster recovery preparedness and strong troubleshooting skills preferred.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Shell scripting and VMware familiarity preferred.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.