Location - Work From Home
The Human Resources Business Partner Senior is responsible for solving organizational challenges through people-related solutions and serve as an integral part of the leadership team of the Medicaid Health Plan in Virginia, to understand every aspect of the business and be a thought leader on human capital and organizational topics
How You Will Make an Impact:
- Create and implement the end-to-end human capital strategy that will drive the business to meet its goals. This role requires strategic reasoning and thinking, use of data to guide work, being comfortable challenging convention and, in some cases, influencing leaders to reassess how work is done.
- Partner with a cross-functional group of subject matter experts within Anthem's HR centers of excellence to design and execute your strategy for how the business staffs, onboards, develops, motivates, retains, and organizes work.
- As a core part of this role, this position will execute programs to support Anthem associates, including talent management, career planning, performance management, leadership coaching, data analysis, compensation, and rewards, learning and development, recognition programs and strategic organizational development.
- Responsible to be a subject matter expert regarding organizational and people-related planning and execution.
- Provide insightful data to guide decision-making and offer proactive solutions, solving problems and getting to the root cause of any issue, regardless of complexity.
- Consult with leadership to create comprehensive people plans to influence lasting and sustainable efficiencies.
- Design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond human capital and organizational solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, including the development and monitoring of the EEO/AA action plan for designated site/location; develop recommendations for action based on the analysis. Strong ability to influence through strong relationships, expertise and data and the ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders.
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment, being part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Strong sense of the importance of teamwork and collaboration. Superior communication skills and understand how to communicate large, complex change.
- May provide guidance, mentoring and coaching to HR Consultants and/or other Human Resources Business Partners.
- Requires a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, including HR experience, business partner or generalist experience with data, analysis, trends and reports; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences
- HR designation (PHR/SPHR) strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.