Description - External
LTSS Service Coordinator
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be
part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
How you will make an impact:
The LTSS Service Coordinator is responsible for conducting service coordination functions for a defined caseload of individuals in specialized programs. In collaboration with the person supported, facilitates the Person Centered Planning process that documents the member’s preferences, needs and self-identified goals, including but not limited to conducting assessments, development of a comprehensive Person Centered Support Plan (PCSP) and backup plan, interfacing with Medical Directors and participating in interdisciplinary care rounds to support development of a fully integrated care plan, engaging the member’s circle of support and overall management of the individuals physical health (PH)/behavioral health (BH)/LTSS needs, as required by applicable state law and contract, and federal requirements.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for performing face to face program assessments (using various tools with pre-defined questions) for identification, applying motivational interviewing techniques for evaluations, coordination, and management of an individual’s waiver (such as LTSS/IDD), and BH or PH needs.
- Uses tools and pre-defined identification process, identifies members with potential clinical health care needs (including, but not limited to, potential for high-risk complications, addresses gaps in care) and coordinates those member’s cases (serving as the single point of contact) with the clinical healthcare management and interdisciplinary team in order to provide care coordination support.
- Manages non-clinical needs of members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to ensure cost effective and efficient utilization of long-term services and supports.
- At the direction of the member, documents their short and long-term service and support goals in collaboration with the member’s chosen care team that may include, caregivers, family, natural supports, service providers, and physicians. Identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of service or other waiver programs.
- May also serve as mentor, subject matter expert or preceptor for new staff, assisting in the formal training of associates, and may be involved in process improvement initiatives.
- Submits utilization/authorization requests to utilization management with documentation supporting and aligning with the individual’s care plan.
- Responsible for reporting critical incidents to appropriate internal and external parties such as state and county agencies (Adult Protective Services, Law Enforcement).
- Assists and participates in appeal or fair hearings, member grievances, appeals, and state audits.
Qualifications - External:
- Requires BA/BS degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience working with a social work agency; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Specific education, years, and type of experience may be required based upon state law and contract requirements.
- Travel required.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- BA/BS degree field of study in health care related field preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Waiver experience preferred
- Previous experience in long term care preferred
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.