Description - External
At Federal Health Products and Services - FHPS , a proud member of the Elevance Health, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
Location: Commutable distance of any of the following locations- Middletown, NY; Rancho Cordova, CA; Sacramento, CA; Walnut Creek, CA; Cincinnati, OH; Indianapolis, IN; Atlanta, GA
***This position is virtual but requires field work. You may work from your home office when not in the field. The individual is required to live in the area noted above as that is the territory/market that they will work in.
The Wellness Nurse Consultant position is responsible for developing and recommending customized, group-specific strategies to improve the health and wellness of the federal employee, leveraging Anthem and FEP programs and resources as well as industry best practices.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Works consultatively with federal employees and agencies to develop and manage tailored plans/seminars to impact health and wellness including strategies that improve health conditions.
- Analyzes utilization data to determine success of member benefits and opportunities to lower healthcare costs and improve health.
- Works with FEHB Sales and Marketing to improve competitive position, increase membership and improve retention.
- In coordination with Sales and Marketing, conducts meetings with federal employees and agencies to review program participation and suggests solutions to meet the federal agencies goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development and review of federal agency goals and objectives to determine appropriate actions for maximizing results and improving group satisfaction.
- Sets up biometric events to improve health outcomes.
- Maintains contact with providers and business leaders through participation in community affairs.
- May plan, design, implement or deliver and evaluate health and wellness programs for federal agencies.
- Develops programs to improve HEDIS scores.
- BA/BS and minimum of 3 years clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- Multi-state licensure is required if this individual is providing services in multiple states.
- Experience presenting/speaking to large and small audiences is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication is strongly preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.