Business Consultant Sr
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for translating most highly complex and varied business needs into application software requirements. These needs typically involve a significant expenditure or cost savings and impact a wide range of functions. Also, provides expertise to lower leveled consultants. Experienced in healthcare data domains (clinical, provider, claims) with the ability to apply metrics in various scenarios. Become a subject matter expert for department reporting capabilities and methodology with the ability to combine operational processes and payer product capabilities.
How you will make an impact:
- This Role will have 3 main purposes: 1. Impact – identify KPI’s, cost savings, ROI, and/or gaining efficiencies through analytics. 2. Delivery – maintain, create, validate variety of datasets which power specific product capabilities and overall team performance. 3. Enrich – identify data gaps and develop advanced analytics to solve business opportunities within the department, and most importantly, drive data-value roadmap.
- Interpret & analyze data from multiple sources and assist in the design, testing and implementation of process flow enhancement or automation.
- Create appropriate conclusions and support with data visualizations to communicate to internal stakeholders while soliciting feedback
- Provides expertise to product managers, and internal team members, on the analysis of business needs to determine optimal means of meeting those needs.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address the most highly complex and varied business needs.
- May lead teams of analysts assigned to the most complex projects, typically those of highest importance and impact to the way in which we do business.
- Analyzes and designs solutions to address varied and highly complex business needs.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 10 years business analysis experience, which should include analysis, project management, working knowledge of mainframe computer, hardware and operating systems; minimum of 3 years experience as a Business Consultant with project management skills; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to travel maybe required.
- Ability to generate and transfer data between SQL, Excel, Tableau, Microsoft BI
- Ability to engage cross-functionally both verbally and visually with non-data analysts to procure business requirements or provide technical guidance.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- MBA preferred
- Health or managed care experience preferred.
- Statistical Analysis
- Experience with Payer products (E-Consults, Prior Auth Optimization, Virtual Primary Care, etc)
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.