Job Title: Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
As a Cloud SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) on Cloud Engineering and Operations team you will be implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the platforms and applications hosted on cloud.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Identify areas in the infrastructure that require improvement. Create solutions for improvement and drive those solutions to completion.
- Deploys and maintains Kubernetes clusters including autoscaling.
- Provide operational support for serverless stack on AWS/GCP.
- Identifies opportunities to improve and secure Kubernetes clusters.
- Participates as member of the incident response team for of Kubernetes cluster issues.
- Designs and builds systems which improve scalability, usability, and performance.
- Develops and maintains monitoring and alerting of all production services.
- Builds metric-based dashboards for production services as needed.
- Work closely with Security team to maintain security in production environments.
- Work closely with Network team to maintain networks in production environments.
- Member of North America’s Incident response team.
- Performs technology needs analysis by conferring with departmental personnel to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 10 years in one or more of the following: information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management required;
- Significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required;
- Broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 5+ years of experience in programming languages like Python, Golang, Java.
- 5+ years working in Linux environments, and scripting in shell.
- 5+ years in operational experience troubleshooting complex and large-scale issues.
- Knowledge of best practices and solutions for implementing CI/CD solutions as well as release pipelines.
- Knowledge in creating a robust and resilient infrastructure
- Working knowledge of building and managing Day 2 operations of Kubernetes system.
- DevOps certifications or Kubernetes Certifications is a plus.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing - AWS, GCE, Azure
- Experience in incident response and root cause analysis service disruptions
- Demonstrated expertise in a range of automation tools and approaches in Windows and Linux environment (e.g. Git, Ansible, Terraform, Python, shell scripts, as well as other scripting languages).
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.