The Proposal Director is responsible for leading the proposal team for multiple bids with contract value over $300M. Leads the proposal process by managing cross-functional resources to complete proposals.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Involved in all aspects of proposal development. Assembles internal and external subject matter experts.
- Ensures quality, completeness and oversight of technical writing.
- Develops bid strategy with operations and business development teams.
- Validates and tests the business solution proposed.
- Reconciles the customer requirements against proposed staffing levels and solutions and identifies any gaps.
- Directs all proposal and Q&A responses.
- Leads the activities of lower level staff and contracted staff performing related functions.
- Develops processes and infrastructure to support submission of bids.
- Develops win strategies and final proposal submission after reviews.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience including in-depth knowledge of Federal Acquisition Process (FAP); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Proven win rate with large complex bid responses. MBA preferred.
- APMP Foundation certification or equivalent professional certifications preferred.
This position is part of our FGS (Federal Government Services) division which, per CMS TDL 190275, requires foreign national applicants meet the residency requirement of living in the United States at least three of the past five years.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.