Consumer Service Associate
(On-Site in Denver, CO/ Indianapolis, IN/ Roanoke, VA )
This position will require you to work in a regular, in office work environment on site with the flexibility to work from home when permitted.
Consumer Service Associate
As a Consumer Service Associate, you will act as a trusted advisor and educator on health care related inquires and are responsible for assisting national marquee client(s) and members using a variety of platforms and services models including but not limited to the Elevance Health at Your Service Model. If you want to be a part of this exciting team, make a difference in someone’s life and help make healthcare easy, apply today!
Here’s what a typical day may look like:
- From the moment you login, you’ll be focused on proactively resolving our members and/or providers questions and concerns using computer-based resources to find answers
- You will guide members and providers with their healthcare needs by explaining benefits, solving claim concerns, helping find a doctor via telephone calls, online chats or e-mails.
- You will interact with members verbally and in written form to ensure appropriate engagement is achieved.
- You will assist in increasing member's engagement into appropriate programs and offerings.
- You will understand and communicate benefit design packages to members as defined by employer.
- You will interpret plan benefit design, and resolve claim, benefit, and enrollment issues while making a connection during the contact.
- You will partner internally to create a seamless experience for our customers and resolve potential issues.
Here’s what Elevance Health offers:
- A career path with opportunity for growth
- Ability to obtain your Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or further your education with tuition reimbursement.
- Affordable Health Insurance, Dental, Vision and Basic Life
- 401K match, Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay
- Quarterly incentive bonus and annual increases plan based on performance.
At Elevance Health, the team is comprised of the best and the brightest from diverse experiences, cultures, and backgrounds. The differences we each bring to the table are a part of what makes our company so successful.
This position will be located in Denver, Colorado or Indianapolis, IN or Roanoke, VA.
- High school diploma and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in customer service; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to work from home with internet access and a quiet and private workspace
- Ability to work any 8-hour shift between the hours of 6 AM and 9 PM MST.
- BA/BS preferred
- Experience in successful resolution of high level/sensitive customer service issues
- A passion for serving others with the ability to be empathetic and the desire to go above and beyond to help resolve members questions at the first point of contact
- A customer advocate willing to listen and find creative solutions to address and resolve customers questions, issues or concerns
- A composed individual able to multi-task, navigating multiple computer applications and working efficiently while communicating and serving the customer
- Must have a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to your teammates and our members, demonstrated by the simplest things like being on time and available to meet member’s needs, to being accountable for commitments made to customers or others and ensuring follow-ups are completed.
- Flexible and quick learner, willing to adapt to changing customer and business needs.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only:
Colorado Hourly Pay Range*: $20.92/hr - $26.15. Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Elevance Health in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealth.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.