The Business Information Developer Consultant coordinates and collaborates with leadership and the Internal Audit team to provide meaningful data insights into high-risk areas within Elevance Health. The Business Information Developer Consultant brainstorms and develops with the Internal Audit team an analytic approach to assess risk in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The role is focused on programming and analyzing data and systems daily. This role is a great opportunity to provide valuable data insights to the team and leadership, constantly learn, and to showcase your critical thinking skills and creativity in a fun and flexible team environment.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes complex queries and provides data mining analyses and documents analysis performed.
- Provides valuable data analysis and data warehouse insights to the Internal Audit team and leadership, which is necessary to establish a risk based audit plan and audit scopes.
- Develops original project ideas and test steps which use data analysis to assess risk and support audit assessments.
- Assesses how decision support systems provide the data required to make effective business decisions.
- Performs modeling/process flows of information sources.
- Monitors project schedules and costs for departmental projects and coordinate the activities of a project team.
- Develops strategic reporting from various data repositories to support audit objectives.
- Collaborates and coordinates with associates across various data analytics teams to conduct the strategic data analysis across domains.
- Establishes and communicates common goals and direction for the analysis effort within the Internal Audit team and with management.
- Communicates effectively with all levels in the organization, including Elevance Health leadership.
- Establishes and maintains excellent knowledge of data database design, data definitions, system capabilities, programming languages, and data integrity issues.
- Provides process improvement recommendations as well as review business requirements in varying formats.
- Conducts training on use of applications developed.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- PC, spreadsheet, and database skills strongly preferred.
- Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages
- Ability to efficiently manipulate a large volume of data, perform complex data mining analysis, and develop complex, strategic, and insightful report applications on a daily basis
- Strong project management, organizational, analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform risk analysis leveraging complex data, insights and trends to conclude on risks under review and provide input on areas for future review.
- Expert spreadsheet, and database skills, as well as experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages
- Knowledge of SQL fundamentals, SQL Advanced querying, and Teradata SQL assistant preferred.
- Healthcare and claims processing knowledge (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and expertise is highly desired.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.