Title: Learning Infrastructure Designer (Learning Technologies)
Location: MA|IA|NY|VA|GA|WI| IL|OH|NV|CA
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Learning Infrastructure Designer is responsible for driving analysis, recommendation, design, implementation and project management of innovative learning strategies and solutions to positively impact learning efficiency, learner performance, and business results. This position is specifically aligned with our enterprise leadership development initiatives and may serve in other capacities as needed.
How you will make an impact:
• Serves as single point of contact to the enterprise leadership development team.
• Partners with stakeholders to define end-to-end technology strategies, policies, procedures, and tools associated with new and emerging learning strategies to solve company-specific business challenges.
• Owns and ensures successful implementation of programs where learning infrastructure and technologies are key program components
• Identifies the appropriate business application of new solutions integrated into an effective user experience and defines thorough proposals for adoption strategies and anticipated benefits, including development of business case for new technologies and vendors.
• Defines optimal implementation approach and operationalization in partnership with learning program managers, learning consultants, learning leaders, analytics team, IT and HRIS.
• Collaborates with instructional design teams to develop blended and flipped learning models and ensure adoption of new methods.
• Collaborates with technology teams to build the infrastructure to support new strategies.
• Partners with learning program managers and others to guide change management for new solution adoption, including marketing of solutions communications, training, and measurement.
• Prepares documentation necessary for implementation and operationalization including concept/business case, implementation plans and operation roles, responsibilities, policies and procedures.
• Manages relationships with internal sponsors, stakeholders, and external training vendors when technology is a key component.
• Requires BA/BS in organization development, education, instructional design, learning technologies, interaction design or other learning discipline and a minimum of 8 years of experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
• Advanced degree or professional learning and development certification preferred.
• Experience with Workday configuration, administration, and reporting
• Experience with PowerBI and Tableau
• Experience in Fortune 100 companies known for strong HR and/or compliance programs and processes
• Demonstrated success in designing and implementing end-to-end technology-enabled learning solutions in a large, growing, and complex business
• Experience assessing, selecting, and managing vendor partners to manage the delivery of optimum learning experiences
• Knowledge of programs, policies, and practices to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and contractual requirements
• Expertise in a broad spectrum of learning practices, technologies, tools, and modalities including blended learning journeys, simulations, and other adult learning modalities
• Ability to establish credibility and relationships at all levels of the organization
• Excellent client consulting and partnership skills
• Strong organizational/ prioritization skills
• End-to-end system thinking
• Detail orientation
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.