Responsible for financial leadership, decision support, and strategic consultation to the Ohio Medicaid Health Plan leadership team. Directs health plan financial analysis, cost of care analytics, trend analysis, financial reporting, financial operations, and cost and budget management and allocation in a Health Plan with an assigned product or portfolio, which may include specialty products and/or provider contracting arrangements that carry financial risk to the plan P&L, serves as legislative consultant with state partners on financial/reimbursement policy and payment mechanisms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs market leadership for P&L and SG&A budget; operates as a financial liaison to state partners; leads rates management and negotiation including reserve development and analytics; and leads the Medical Cost and RX Trend identification and mitigation process with key business partners including network and clinical teams.
- Maintains trends that are appropriate given premium reimbursement.
- Reviews, analyzes, reports, and presents financial results. Provides decision support for business unit President and senior management teams’ operational and business goals.
- Achieves Medical Cost and MLR targets set in plans and forecasts; may ensure that provider network contracting efforts obtain the best possible financial arrangements; may own the setting of and achievement of Cost of Care targets; and achieves operating gain targets set in budgets and forecasts.
- Directs Health Plan preparation of annual operating/capital budget and forecasts to provide senior leadership with tools necessary to maximize investment of resources.
- Directs interface with regulatory and audit personnel and technical consultants as required to ensure fiscal accountability.
- Supporting the pricing actuaries on premium rate actions.
- Representing the health plan at key state and provider meetings; oversees the processing and delivery of several major provider pass thru payments; and is a key member of the Ohio leadership team.
- Helping to support the plan president on setting and achieving health plan goals.
Requires a BA/BS in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting and a minimum of 8 years of progressive financial experience accounting, financial reporting, business analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic and tactical planning within a health insurance/managed care environment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
MBA preferred. Experience with complex business environments including multiple entity and highly regulated situations strongly preferred. . Significant experience working with shared savings arrangements is strongly preferred. Medicaid managed care experience preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.