The Contract Director Rx manages pharmaceutical contracts. Responsible for developing, managing, and enhancing value of pharmacy drugs through Identifying opportunities, and pursuing profitable contracts and business relationships with the pharmaceutical industry. Responsible for identifying, negotiating and completing medical drug rebate and value-based contracts.
How you will make an impact:
- Manage and enhance profitable business relationships with the pharmaceutical industry on behalf of the company and Pharmacy Managements external clients.
- Develop and enhance positive business relationships with the pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and implement strategies to win new business and retain current clients by increasing rebates and supporting the sales process.
- Extract data, perform analysis and identify trends and emerging considerations.
- Develop and maximize the profitability of pharmaceutical manufacturer rebate contracts.
- Work within collaborative cross-functional work team to identify strategies for increasing value for pharmacy benefit and medical benefit drugs.
- Provide/receive input and guidance on issues, challenges, and solutions related to formulary positions, rebate contracts, pharmacy programs and initiatives.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and minimum of 8 years contract negotiation and sales experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Prior experience with formulary development, and understanding of drug therapeutic classes
- Financial analysis experience and proficiency with Excel
- Ability to multi-task and be proficient with multiple priorities
- Proven ability to review drug utilization for identification of possible financial opportunities with history of successful results
- Prior negotiation experience resulting in successful contract terms
- Strong communication skills.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Elevance Health has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.ElevanceHealthinc.com. Elevance Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.